Your guide will meet you at your hotel in Stellenbosch and transport will be provided to the starting point of the Vineyard hike at Zorgvliet wine estate. The vineyard trail meanders through beautiful wine farms in the Banhoek valley between Stellenbosch and Franschhoek
While walking this beautiful piece of earth your guide will tell you more about wine making, the indigenous flora and fauna and life on a wine estate in general. During the vineyard hike we will enjoy wine tastings at award winning farms like Zorgvliet and Thelema before ending the hike at our final lunch stop at the Tokara Deli. Indulge in the famous chef’s selection of cheeses, antipasti and charcuterie platter (vegetarian options also available) while enjoying amazing views of the mountains and vineyards of the Banhoek valley. Transportation back to your hotel will be provided after lunch.
Distance : 6- 7 km (There are variations on the route)
Activity level: Moderate
Cost : R 1 290 pp
- Transportation from Stellenbosch (Franschhoek pick up fee of R450 for return transport)
- Two wine tastings
- Lunch (drinks excluded)
- We are trying to use less single use plastic, please bring your own water bottle. Refill possible en-route.
- Wine or drinks during lunch.
- Items of personal nature
What to bring:
- Water bottle with water
- Dress according to weather. Comfortable walking shoes and clothes.
- Small backpack with a warm jacket or shell is advised
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
- Insurance information – health and travel information including policy numbers and phone numbers.
- Please make sure that you are healthy and fit enough to do the tour. When in doubt, please get an opinion from your medical practitioner as this is your own responsibility
- Money for extra drinks or any personal purchases
P.S. We are trying to cut down on single use plastic. Please bring your own water bottle, you can fill it with cold water at our office before the tour!