This tour is family friendly and kids above 140cm in height can ride our ebikes. Riders need to have intermediate mountain biking skills to do the tour and a general fitness level is required. Activity level 2/5
E-Bike Stellenbosch to Boschendal Itinerary
- Start at 9:00 from our office in Stellenbosch
- Cycle mostly jeep tracks and mountain bike trails over the Helshoogte Pass, a route used by the first Dutch and French families who settled in the Olifantshoek valley in 1688. Later known as Franschhoek.
- Enjoy fantastic views and sites along the way.
- Learn about small mission stations and local people living in the Banghoek Valley.
- Get a chance to spot Eland and Blue Wildebeest as we cycle along multiple mountain streams in the Banhoek Conservancy.
- Time to explore Boschendal or have a coffee or meal at the Boschendal Deli.
- Transport back to Stellenbosch by vehicle
|Distance :||Approximately 20 km|
|Elevation:||Approximately 650 m|
|Road:||Mostly jeep track and MTB trails, and some tar roads|
|Ride duration:||Approximately 3 hours|
- Time to explore Boschendal or have a small meal at the deli.
- Transport back to Stellenbosch early afternoon.
What to Bring
- Water bottle – We are striving to be environmentally friendly and want to cut down on plastic bottles. Free water fountain in the office available to fill up with water, please just bring your own bottle. Aluminium water bottles for sale at office.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes for cycling.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Warm Jacket if it is a cool or rainy day.