If you are a regular cyclists you will be able to do this tour and E-Bike Stellenbosch to Franschhoek. Riders need to have intermediate mountain biking skills to do the tour and a general fitness level is required. Activity level 3/5
E-Bike Stellenbosch to Franschhoek Itinerary
- Start at 9:00 from our office in Stellenbosch
- Cycle mostly jeep tracks and mountain bike trails over the Helshoogte Pass, a route used by the first Dutch and French families who settled in the Olifantshoek valley in 1688. Later known as Franschhoek.
- Enjoy fantastic views and sites along the way.
- Learn about small mission stations and local people living in the Banghoek Valley.
- Get a chance to spot Eland and Oryx as we cycle along multiple mountain streams in the Banhoek Conservancy.
- Enjoy lunch and wine tasting on a Franschhoek Wine estate
- Have time to explore the beautiful town of Franschhoek.
- Transport back to Stellenbosch by vehicle
|Distance :||Approximately 40 km|
|Elevation:||Approximately 867 m|
|Road:||Mostly jeep track and MTB trails, approximately 15 km of tar road|
|Ride duration:||Approximately 4 hours|
- Mouth watering Lunch on a wine estate in Franschhoek
- Wine tasting
- Time to explore Franschhoek
- Transport back to Stellenbosch in afternoon. (Transport to Cape Town can also be arranged at a nominal extra fee)
What to Bring
- Bring your own cycling pants. (We have gel seats on request)
- Water bottle – We are striving to be environmentally friendly and want to cut down on plastic bottles. Free water fountain in the office available to fill up with water, please just bring your own bottle. Aluminium water bottles for sale at office.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Warm Jacket if it is a cool or rainy day.