Day 1 : This morning we will depart between 8:00 (Cape Town) and 9:00 (Stellenbosch pick up) on our exiting hiking tour to Lesotho. We will spend most of the day on the road but will have a variety of scenery to look at through the day, from small winelands towns to the Klein Karoo and later arid Karoo region. Stop over at Matjiesfontein for a short break and get some history of the town and stories of days gone by. Lunch en-route at a farm stall (Lunch on own account). Our accommodation will be at a beautiful Guest Farm close to Colesberg. Here we will do a short walk on the farm to stretch the legs and get some insight into the workings of a Karoo farm. The hosts will serve us with a warm farm style dinner. 7 km hike on the farm
Day 2 : Depart after a hearty farm breakfast and drive to Maseru border Post. Please make sure you have your passport on you and available at the border. Lunch will be had en- route before we drive to Ramabanta Trading Post where we will spend the next 3 nights. This afternoon we will do a sundowner hike of approximately 7km. Dinner at Ramabanta Lodge.
Day 3 : Today we will do a full day hike in the area. Your guide will take you on a 25 km loop through beautiful scenery of mountains, fields and orchards. Visit small villages along the way and have lunch with a local family. We will be back late afternoon and the rest of the day will be spent relaxing at the lodge. Dinner at Ramabanta Lodge.
Day 4 : Today we will drive to a beautiful area and hike to a waterfall and again enjoy the magnificent scenery Lesotho has to offer. Packed lunch is included today as we will have lunch at the waterfall. The afternoon we will hike back to the vehicle and get taken back to our accommodation establishment. Distance covered on the hike will be approximately 20km. A braai dinner will be served at the Lodge.
Day 5 : It will be an early start after breakfast as we make our way back to the Gariep dam area where we will sleep tonight. Lunch will be had en-route (own account). On arrival in the Gariep area we will go for a sundowner hike to the Gariep dam. Dinner on the Guest Farm. Today`s hike will be approximately 8 km.
Day 6 : After breakfast we will depart back to Cape Town with a lunch stop en route. We will arrive in Cape Town late afternoon.
What to Bring:
- Comfortable hiking shoes. (No new shoes!)
- Day Backpack or Camelbag for walking and own water bottle
- Comfortable clothes and shoes or sandals for afternoons. Swim costume
- 1 rain jacket and 2 warm top and jeans (Lesotho can get very cold in the evenings)
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat and Buff
- Book for afternoon leisure time
- Snacks during hike
- You need to have your own travel insurance and medical insurance in place.
- Insurance information – health and travel information including policy numbers and phone numbers.
Information we need from you:
- Dietary Requirements
- Please have your health insurance details and numbers available if needed.
Rate : R 8 900 pp sharing
Departures : November until May every second Monday in a Month (minimum of 4 pax to confirm a tour)
If you have a group of 4 or more, we can arrange a private departure for your group on any day, subject to availability
- Guided Hikes as in itinerary
- Meals specified in itinerary (All dinners and breakfast, lunches during long hikes)
- 5 nights accommodation on a per person sharing basis.
Looking forward to experience a world class hike adventure with you.