Day 1: This morning we will depart between 8:00 (Cape Town) and 9:00 (Stellenbosch pick up) on our exiting tour to Lesotho. We will spend most of the day on the road but will have a variety on scenery to look at through the day, from small winelands town to the Klein Karoo and later arid Karoo region. Stop over at Matjiesfontein for a short break and get some history of the town and stories of days gone by. Lunch en-route at a farm stall (Lunch on own account).
Our accommodation will be at a beautiful Guest Farm close to Colesberg where the hosts will serve us with a warm farm style dinner.
Day 2: Depart after a hearty farm breakfast and drive to Maseru border Post. Please make sure you have your passport on you and available at the border. Lunch will be had en- route before we drive to Ramabanta Trading Post where we will spend the next 3 nights. This afternoon we will get the bikes ready and those who want to stretch their legs can go for a short ride with the guide. (Ride approximately 10 km). Dinner at Ramabanta Lodge.
Day 3: Our first ride day. We will head out with the guide on a 50 km loop through beautiful scenery of mountains, fields and orchards. Visit small villages along the way and have lunch with a local family. We will be back early afternoon and the rest of the day will be spent relaxing at our lodge.
Dinner at Ramabanta Lodge.
Day 4: Today we will ride to a beautiful waterfall and again enjoy the magnificent scenery Lesotho has to offer. Packed lunch is included today as we will have lunch at the waterfall. The afternoon we will ride back to the lodge. Distance covered on the ride will be approximately 50km. A braai dinner will be served at the Lodge.
Day 5: Today will be an early start after breakfast as we make our way back to the Gariep dam area where we will sleep tonight. Lunch will be had en-route (own account).
On arrival in the Gariep area we will unload the bikes and go for a sundowner ride at the Gariep. Dinner on the Guest Farm. Todays ride will be approximately 25km.
Day 6 :After breakfast we will depart back to Cape Town with a lunch stop en route. We will arrive in Cape Town late afternoon.
What to Bring:
• Cycling Pants and gloves
• Bum cream is always a winner
• Helmet (we can provide a helmet if needed)
• Your own cycling shoes if you want to use cycling shoes, otherwise normal trainers
• Day Backpack or Camelbag for cycling and own water bottle
• Comfortable clothes and shoes or sandals for afternoons. Swim costume
• 1 rain jacket and 2 warm top and jeans (Lesotho can get very cold in the evenings)
• Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat and Buff
• Book for afternoon leisure time
• Snacks during cycling
• You need to have your own travel insurance and medical insurance in place.
Insurance information – health and travel information including policy numbers and phone numbers.
Our E-bikes are Giant Mountain Bikes with and electric motor that can assist you in pedalling. Each bike has 4 strength settings, OFF, Eco, Normal and Sport Mode. Your guide will explain these features to you.
Your guide has a spare tube and patch kit and pump. If you would like to bring your own pedals and shoes we recommend doing so—your tour leaders will install them during the bike fitting. We have flat pedals available and will also be providing helmets if needed.
Information we need from you:
• Your height in cm
• Will you bring your own SPD pedals and shoes or will you use our normal pedals?
• Own helmet or should we supply a helmet
• Dietary Requirements
• Please have your health insurance details and numbers available if needed.
Rate : R 9 500 pp sharing
Departures : November until May every third Monday in a Month (minimum of 4 pax to confirm a tour)
If you have a group of 4 or more, we can arrange a private departure for your group on any day, subject to availability
• E-bike or normal bike rental for tour duration
• Meals specified in itinerary (All dinners and breakfast, lunches on ride days)
• 5 nights accommodation on a per person sharing basis.
Looking forward to experience a cycling adventure with you.