4 Day Garden Route Adventure
Set your sense of adventure free with a care-free exploration of the untamed wilderness and unspoilt paradise on the south eastern coast of South Africa.
Price: from R 3300 per person
Departs: most FRIDAYS from selected Cape Town and Stellenbosch areas.
Click on this button to check availability and book this tour online per credit card >
Day 1: CAPE TOWN to OUDTSHOORN
- SCENIC ROUTE 62 – Along South Africa’s famous country road you’ll capture the beauty of high mountains, twisting passes, rugged Karoo plains, vineyards and orchards.
- CANGO CAVES ADVENTURE TOUR – Follow passageways that lead to vast halls deep underground.
- OVERNIGHT in OUDTSHOORN
Day 2: OUDTSHOORN to JEFFREYS BAY
- ELEPHANT WALK & RIDE- (Optional with extra cost) Fall in love with these giant and lovable creatures. Learn about the elephants’ background, behaviour and character as you touch, feed, walk hand-in-trunk and even ride on it’s back.
- OSTRICH FARM TOUR – Learn more about the ostrich and the brave gets a chance to ride on an ostrich’s back (weight limits)
- TSITSIKAMMA NATIONAL PARK – Spend time in paradise as we explore the dramatic coastal and forest landscapes. Walk along forest trails to a suspension bridge.
- OVERNIGHT in JEFFREYS BAY
Day 3: JEFFREYS BAY to WILDERNESS AREA
- BEACH TIME & SHOPPING in J’BAY – Go for an early morning surf or just chill out. The backpackers hire out surf boards and wetsuits at extra cost. We will stop at the the surf factory shops for excellent deals on branded clothing.
- BLOUKRANS BUNGY JUMP – (Optional with extra costs) Face your fear and experience the world’s highest bungy jump.
- KNYSNA – Nestled between forested mountains, sea and curving around a big lagoon, visit The Heads, where the sea crashes through two massive sandstone cliffs.
- OVERNIGHT IN WILDERNESS AREA – Head down to the beach, swim in the Indian Ocean & take a walk along the beach.
Day 4: WILDERNESS AREA return to CAPE TOWN
- WILDERNESS NATIONAL PARK – Canoe along the Wilderness Lagoon for a true nature encounter.
- 4×4 GAME DRIVE – (Optional with extra cost) Search for Africa’s Big5* animals from an open 4×4 vehicle in a malaria-free, private game reserve. (*unlikely to see leopards)
– Travel back to reach Cape Town area by nightfall.
> Excluded: Meals & drinks, optional extras and excluded activities will be for your own account. *The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasions run in reverse or different order.
- Pick-up from, and Drop-off at your accommodation in Cape Town areas.
– Wilderness canoeing
– Wilderness National Park entry fee
– Tsitsikamma National Park entry fee
– Cango Caves adventure tour
– Ostrich farm + Ostrich riding (minimum weight allowance)
– Friendly local driver-guide
– Transport to tour’s hotspots – with licensed and insured vehicle(s)
– Accommodation for 3 nights – as per package selected
- Meals and drinks
– Personal insurance
OPTIONAL extra activity available on tour:
– Game Drive (@ +/- R350 pp)
– Bloukrans bridge bungy jump (@ +/- R750 pp)
- Elephant Walk & RIde (@ +/- R300 pp)Have fun and adventure in a piece of paradise along the south eastern coast of South Africa, and explore unspoilt beaches, warm lagoons and abundant wildlife.