Shark Cage Diving
Daily shark cage diving & sighting tours are offered off Gansbaai. Approx. 12 km offshore from Gansbaai we find two islands situated next to each other. Due to a number of geographical reasons – one being the shallow and narrow channel that runs between these two islands – Dyer Island has become known as one of the most unique areas in the world, to successfully view the great white shark.
Cost : From R1400.00 pp for self drive. Transport can be arranged at an additional price of R350pp
SPECIAL STUDENT OFFER : R1300 excl Transport or R1450 including transport (min 5 pax)
• Breakfast at the Great White House
• 3-5 hour shark cage diving trip with all snacks and drinks provided on the boat
• No diving coarse needed
• All diving equipment and towels provided
• Time of Arrival: 8:00am
• Breakfast at 8:00, the briefing follow at 8:30. Launching time is 9:00
We can arrange the following:
• Safe and comfortable air conditioned return transport for R300 per person (minimum of 2 people)
• A lovely Lunch at the Great White House for R60 per person including a soft drink or a glass of wine.
WHAT TO BRING:
Swim costume, camera, sunscreen, hat and jacket.
PLEASE TAKE ANTI SEASICK TABLETS WELL IN ADVANCE IF YOU ARE PRONE TO MOTION SICKNESS.
Breakfast is provided at The Great White House before the boat launch. Michael Scholl provides an extensive and focused educational briefing before each trip. With 8 years of shark research experience around Dyer Island, this briefing is full of interesting facts about the behaviour of the great white shark. We are the sole company working with marine biologist/scientist, Michael Scholl, from the White Shark Trust who accompanies our trips out to sea.
Passengers are fitted with comfortable inflatable life-jackets. Safety is of the most important aspect of our operation. We have extensive public liability insurance.
We usually launch around 9:00 am in the morning (note that launching times may vary due to tide and weather conditions), arriving at the anchoring spot in 20 to 25 minutes. The anchor is lowered, the cage goes into the water, a scent trial is made, and we settle down.
After this exhilarating trip, we return to the Kleinbaai harbour to enjoy some refreshments.
Your choice for an additional lunch @ R60 per person:
1. Smoked chicken salad served with perinaise sauce and Ciabata bread.
2. Lightly battered deep-fried calamari salad served with tartar sauce and a bread basket.
3. Home made chicken pie served with mushroom sauce and a Greek salad.
4. Line fish, calamari and mussel combo.
5. Grilled line fish and chips.
The meal includes a glass of wine or a soft drink.