Doring River Rafting
An exhilarating 2 day – 2 night, white water rafting trip will take you down the Doring River, passing through the majestic Northern Cederberg mountain range. Under the guidance of our experienced guides, you will tame the raging waters of this river in a 2-man inflatable boat. Spend the evenings under clear African skies in tented safari camps. Experience the peace and tranquility this river of contrasts has to offer when night falls.
- Arrive the night before the day you set off rafting between 6pm and 10pm. You’ll be greeted with a hot meal from 8pm in the form of a potjie or braai and warm hospitality around the campfire. The perfect way to unwind after a hectic week.
- 1st day on the river
- 7am – Breakfast is served and packing begins
- 9am – You and your equipment will be transported to the starting point in a 4×4 truck.
- 10am – Qualified river guides will instruct you on the basics of river rafting and certain safety procedures.
- 10:30am – Your long-awaited river adventure begins
- 1pm – Lunch stop.
- 2-5pm – Continue with the flow of the river and rush of the rapids until we reach the campsite.
- 6pm – Your tented camp awaits and when we are all settled in, stories are exchanged around the campfire and a scrumptious meal is prepared by our guides underneath the stars.
- 8pm – Dinner is served
- 2nd day on the river
- 7am – Breakfast is served.
- 9:30am – The river adventure resumes.
- 1pm – stop for lunch and refreshments.
- 2-4pm – More fun on the water until you reach the take out spot.
- 6-7pm – Safely returned to base camp. Guests generally depart the camp about 19h00 after a warm cup of coffee!
- Cost: R1560 per adult
- Student under 23 years – R1395
- Children below 18 years – R1290
The Doring River, situated in the Northwestern Cederberg has its origin in the Ceres area and winds its way through the Cederberg Mountains, where it joins with the Olifants River at Klawer.
Your 2 day rafting trip is only 280km away from Cape Town. So if you are on a weekend trip, you don’t even need to take leave from work. Depart home after work on Friday and join us for a “lekker” Potjie at 20h00, just in time to get the party started.
NOTE: The Doring River only runs in the winter months (Mid – June to September). Trips are water level dependent.